Life is Fleeting


 I don’t know if it is my age or the pandemic, but my social media feed reads like an Obituary Section in the local newspaper.   This week I will examine how we can reduce our regrets. We have a distorted memory of friends after they pass away. What do we miss and why? Our memories are better, but we need to understand how we can use these memories with living friends. Life is fleeting and our understanding of this reality will help us and our living friends. 
 

Our clients and the regulators are fixated on the fees we charge. Many firms hide the fees and make the fallacious claim that their services are free. The fact of the matter is that someone is paying our fees. This reality is something we need to understand. 

Wealth has numerous definitions. Most jump to definitions based on the type of car the person drives and where they live. Snap judgments are often erroneous. We are impressed by money. It requires a self aware person to evaluate where their money came from. 



It’s not the robot -  it is the middleman that should be scared. Technology has displaced the tasks of the middleman. We have realized that we can do the job of the middleman ourselves. This reality is expedited by technology. 


We need to call - NOT text our good friends and tell them how much they mean to us. Don’t wait until they pass away. I wish I would have told my Dad and my friend Dan numerous things. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inorganic

Stop Judging

Career Hacks