Summer Changes

 


Our summer is almost over,  What did we learn during all of our downtime?   I will summarize all of my observations and share my plans on what I will implement when I return to my office. 

I discovered/ learned 6 items on my beech lounging, morning walks and social media tolling that I’ll share.  Hope they help. 

My first and easiest change was my eye glasses.  Many of my friend asked it was trying to look like Elton.  I wasn’t….

The next three changes were business related. The changes will be voted on by my colleagues.  Steve Jobs of solving client problems the client didn’t know they had will be our guiding light. 








I tried to change a few items. The obvious item what I changed was my eye  glasses.  The other areas were business related and I wanted wanted to be in control of my changes. The first change s our business’s model.  It has taken years to realize that I can’t beat thr market index.  Growing up on Wall Street this change was difficult.   Alpha is difficult to achieve and educating myself and my clients that My team can’t pick stocks that can be shared at cocktail parties is challenging.  The performance of an ETF isn’t has sexy and a top performing company. My clients and I need to accept this reality. 

He second change was my marketing plan. I have realized that main stream publications need new ideas too.  I have been  by organizations from the WSJ to the Federal Reserve rsegarding my blog posts.  After each call I pitch myself and say I would pay millions to to THE WSJ. 

The next area I believed needed to change was the compensation of advisors. Self aware adviors knew they wear overpaid. Most clients agreed.  Hat do wat do we do to earn our fees?  Our answer is priceless. 

It’s time to leave the beach and go back to the office. Looks like my vacation proved I I am in the profession.  I can’t pick stocks but I am a good listener.  While this combo might feel good to my clients it doesn’t pay the bills.  Omeone need to tell my wife and mom the news. I afraid to talk to both of them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inorganic

Stop Judging